Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas is Coming!


I really do have more of a life than being a library school student and working in the reference section of a community college library. Really! I do!

We are on our Christmas break now so I have about a month to do other things besides study, write papers, work, and sleep. I'm still knitting little hats for preemie babies to mail to military and other hospitals. I haven't done much quilting in the past few months. I try to read books beyond my textbooks but I don't have nearly as much time to read just for pleasure as I did before I started library school. I still sing in my church choir. I don't mind too much that I don't have as much time to do housework.

What I hope to do most in the next month is to spend time with my husband and sons. Three of my sons will be home for Christmas; Jack lives in Washington, D.C. and is planning a trip to New Orleans this year. I'm going to have fun decorating the house, baking their favorite cookies, and listening to Christmas carols that I love now as much as I did when I was a child. I'll feed the birds and go for walks and later this week I'll have dinner with Lucille and Aimee, my two best friends for over 20 years, to celebrate my birthday and catch up on each other's lives.

No comments: