Saturday, December 31, 2011

Serendipity Scrap Quilt

Today, the last day of 2011, I've begun a full sized quilt. I hope to have it finished before the end of 2012. I've begun by gathering up scraps and putting them in a large bin and looking at block patterns I may want to include. I'm not going to graph this quilt out, but will assemble it like a jigsaw puzzle. I want it to be full sized, very scrappy, have both pieced and appliqued blocks, and it will be hand quilted. I'm still looking for a theme and a fabric to tie everything together.

I will post a photo of the first few blocks tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I will look forward to visiting you tomorrow!

Happy New year :)

Carolyn

The Civil War Quilter said...

I can't wait to see it develop!Happy New Year!

Alice said...

Every Christmas I dream of making a Christmas quilt, and this year I decided to do what you described - scrappy, pieced and appliqued, random sized blocks. Instead of admiring all the blocks I see on the internet, I'll try and make one every time I see one I like.

I'm making another kind of serendiptiy quilt - I just blogged it. Very scrappy, no thinking.....:)

Monique said...

Oh, Alice! I would love to see your quilt! Could you please send me a link to your blog? Thanks so much!