Saturday, January 26, 2019

A Little Late to the Party

A while back I posted about a quilt I'm working on--Losing My Marbles-- and indeed, it is causing me to do just that!  I've finally found a way to make fabric circles and am becoming more proficient at sewing them down neatly.

I started looking at blogs and discovered Quilty365 which is making one circle block a day for an entire year.  While that would result in more blocks than I would need for a quilt, I liked the idea.  The project began two years ago which is why the title of this post is "a little late to the party". 

I've seen some of the quilts which were not done entirely with neutral backgrounds but with great variations in colors and prints and I like those.  So that is what I'm going to do as I continue working on the Losing My Marbles quilt.   I've also seen other shapes instead of circles, including hearts, stars, crosses, and small nine-patches.  I'm still mulling over about just what I want to do, but the basics--making one block per day--will remain. 

No comments: