Friday, December 7, 2018

Getting Ready for 2019

I'm going to clean up my blogs a bit and try to post more often. Even though I keep track of the books I read on Goodreads, I thought it would be fun to also list them here monthly.  I'd like to see how many and what books I've read each month.  My goal is still reading at least 150 books a year, although I generally read quite a few more.  But as we never know what the year will bring, 150 books seems like a reasonable goal to aim for.

Knitting has taken a back seat to quilting the past few months.  I do hope to join a knitting circle in January which meets several times a week at The Stitching Parlour in Brownsville.  I'll probably only go once a week which should be enough to get me started knitting again.  I'll start with knit baby/preemie hats and maybe some simple socks, perhaps with self-striping yarn.

Now, quilting is something else.  I hadn't quilted in a long time when I started again last August and I have a lot of quilts I want to make.  I'll continue to make doll and small quilts and talk about those on that blogpage but I'll write about the larger quilts I'm making on this blog.  I've signed up for some online quilt-alongs, some free ones on Facebook and some from Temecula Quilts.

Perhaps I'll add some weekly or daily features on some of the blogs to help keep me on track.  I'll have to think more about that.  

No comments: