Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Simply Sweet QAL

I spent the entire day sorting, cutting ironing, and piecing scraps to make the Sweetly Sweet quilt as featured on Cheri's webpage.   I pieced some blocks I didn't like and rejected and auditioned a fabric for the 2" setting squares which I decided I also didn't like.  I hand pieced them as the smallest blocks finish at 1" square so all of this made it take longer.

Here's a photo of the four patch squares.  I did add the 2" squares to them, but by that time it was too dark to get a decent photo.  I'll try again tomorrow or Friday.  I'm working tomorrow and I hope I'll at least get a chance to peek at the latest instructions on Cheri's page.  I won't get a chance to work on it again until Sunday or Monday.

I did finish this little doll quilt, but with some changes.  Here's a photo and there's more on in Only Doll Quilts

No comments: